Judging the Old English Sheepdog Club Show in Perth, 2007
[Aust.Ch.Apollospride Blue Gaia CD] and I
Who Am I?
Well, I’m Krissy. I grew up in West Wollongong and went to Smith’s Hill Girls’ High. I moved to Sydney and after I started my teaching career, bought my first Old English Sheepdog, ‘Boots’, who features in my page header.
For 30+ years I lived in Sydney and my leisure and pleasure revolved around Old English Sheepdogs… showing, obedience, breeding, running clubs and shows, lecturing, stewarding and judging. I moved back to the Illawarra to live in 2007 and here I am…
Picking Up Your Poo!
My Background and Experience in the World of Pure Bred Dogs
- Member of ‘Dogs NSW’ since 1976.
- Australian National Kennel Council – accredited Assessor for Judges’ Training
- ANKC Judge since 1987
- Qualified to judge Old English Sheepdogs, Toys, Terriers, Working and Non-Sporting dogs
- Have judged regularly at all Breeds shows in all Australian states and ACT, New Zealand, Wales UK, Scotland UK, with Old English Sheepdog specialties in New South Wales, South Australia, Western Australia, Wales and New Zealand.
- ‘Judging Diploma’ – Canine Studies Instit (UK) & Canine Evaluators Assoc (Aus)
- Life Member – The Old English Sheepdog Club (nsw)
- Wide experience in exhibiting, obedience, running shows, events and clubs, dogs (Old English Sheepdogs, Irish Water Spaniel) lecturing, stewarding, judging, breeding, grooming and of course the care of numerous dogs I have continuously owned and assisted with Lecturer and Committee member – inaugural years of ‘Dogs NSW’ General Education Scheme and Judges’ Training Scheme.
- Gained Championship and Obedience titles with dogs.
- Executive positions in all clubs including President, Secretary, Show Secretary/Manager etc – Old English Sheepdog Club, Aust’n Dog Breeds Assoc., Illawarra Collie and Shetland Sheepdog Club, organiser – Working Breeds Obedience Match, Sutherland Shire All Breeds Kennel Club.
- Currently working with Billi and Albion Park Kennel Clubs.
- Education of owners and aspiring judges – lectures available on anatomy, Exhibiting in the showring, care of dogs, breed lectures on Old English Sheepdogs et al.
- Steward at conformation shows and former Junior Handler judge
- Breeder – Old English Sheepdogs
- Owner/exhibitor of Irish Water Spaniels – Championship title
- Currently Owner/Operato Dog & Pet Services business specialising in pet waste collection – ‘No Poo for You’ since 2008
- Diploma of Teaching (Home Economics)
- Teaching Certificate (Dept of Education)
- Advanced Certificate – Fashion Retail (TAFE)
- Certificate in Teaching Children with Dyslexia (Direct Learning, UK)
- Dog Judging Diploma (Canine Studies Institute – UK)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder – ‘Positive Partnerships’ programme
- P.A.L. (literacy) – St John
- Certificate IV – Small Business Management
View the slides below to find out about Krissy and the start of ‘No Poo for You’